Visceral Manipulation 1
The VM1 workshop will introduce participants to the models and concepts of functional biomechanics as viewed from Jean-Pierre Barral’s Visceral Manipulation approach. This method of evaluation and treatment is based on the concept that each of our internal organs rotates on a physiological axis. The focus is on the abdominal cavity and includes the organs, their membranes, ligaments, innervation, and their spatial functional interrelationships. Participants will learn basic manipulations for correcting abnormal motions and stress patterns within this cavity. It includes lectures, demonstrations, and practice for each technique presented.
- Learn manual skills to locate, evaluate and normalize primary areas of dysfunction within the abdominal cavity.
- Explore the dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes, and ligaments.
- Examine the relationship of organs and structural or neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Assess the quality of functional activity and somatic structures as they relate to an overall pattern.
Jean-Pierre Barral’s Visceral Manipulation is not just another manual therapy that we add to our work, but rather it is a “style” of communicating with the body. We are doing all of these techniques, not to FIX something in the body but rather to ‘wake up a little something’ as Jean-Pierre Barral says over and over again.
Barral said, “What we are wanting to do is to give the body a clear message.” “To be specific in a short time.” He says these things over and over. These are his messages of proprioceptive communication – his unique style and approach to working with patients.
Requirements: The course is directed to trained or certified health professionals or students who are completing studies to become health professionals, with palpation skills, experience, and knowledge in anatomy. Upon registering, you will receive a document with anatomical terms and structures, to be reviewed before the course starts. We are hoping that it will be of assistance in getting the most out of your participation.
Joanne Enslin-de Wet, PT, BI-D
The course will be taught in English, and translated in Greek.
Here you can check the instructor’s resume
Lisiou 11, Athens 105 56
Access by metro: Monastiraki station.
Print copy of Book
- Hard copy version of the Visceral Manipulation textbook by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO and Pierre Mercier. Available for 75 USD + shipping fees and customs fees.
- Send us an email to [email protected] or call 0030 694 807 9564 to order.
- Click the button to purchase the eBook Version of the Visceral Manipulation textbook.
- Available for 75 USD and you can get 20% discount until the end of April!
- You will be ordering this direct from Barral Institute in USA, so all emails and invoicing will come from them.
09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m on the Days 1-3
08:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Day 4.
- The offer includes VM1, VM2, VM31 and VM4 seminars, as well as the Techniques Certification, whose basic tuition is 3580€
- With a down payment of only 100€ and 100€ per month, you can register for only 2.800€ !!
- You can save up to 780€!
Book a Seat:
Your reservation is complete upon depositing 240 euros in the account of Pireaus Bank.
ΙΒΑΝ: GR11 0172 0720 0050 7208 7357 367
Swift Code: PIRBGRAA
Address of the Bank: 4, AMERIKIS STREET, ATHENS, 10564
Holder’s Name: ERGOTHERAPEIA I.K.E.
Holder’s Address: 15 CHEYDEN STREET, ATHENS, 10434
or by completing the order online by clicking on “add to cart” and making the down payment of 240 euros.
Your personal information is also required, so please fill out the form by clicking the button below.